Hello? Anybody there? Of course you are, look at that delicious pic of a scone I posted, how could you not come running! Buttery, flaky, drool-inducing scones aside… you guys, I’ve been so terrible! Look at how long it has been since I have updated this blog!!! Actually, don’t look, it’s terrible. I have been thinking about it for a long time but life got super crazy busy! I’ve gone back to school (hello future Accountant!) and work has been sending me all over the country! Seriously, 6 provinces in 8 weeks!!! But as of Sunday I should be home for 2 months so no excuses on the blog front. Don’t hesitate to hold me to my word! 😉
Now, excuses aside, can we get back to this scone? This is what my dreams are made of! I know I’ve said that before but I mean it! It is ridiculously flaky and cheesy with the buttery interior studded with big jewels of ham. Excuse me while I wipe all the drool off my keyboard! It is the perfect scone. And that’s coming from someone who has trouble making a fluffy scone that doesn’t resemble a hockey puck without the help of Bisquik. I hope you enjoy these as much as my family and I did!
Ham and Cheese Scones
Recipe from A Beautiful Bite
- 3 cups flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 8 Tbsp butter, room temperature
- 1 cup plus 1 Tbsp milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ cup cooked ham
- ½ large white onion, diced
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter with pastry cutter or a fork.
- Add milk and mix until just incorporated. Fold in cheese, ham and onion. Turn dough out onto a floured surface and knead gently for several minutes.
- Press dough into a 1½” thick circle and place on a cookie sheet. Bake at 400º for thirty minutes or until golden brown.